This week new survey data was released by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. The 2015 ASDS Consumer Survey on Cosmetic Dermatologic Procedures reflects overall consumer views on cosmetic medical treatments.
According to the results, half of consumers are considering a cosmetic medical procedure and the specialty in which the physician is board-certified is the single most important factor when selecting a practitioner for a cosmetic procedure.
The top cosmetic concerns for consumers are:
- Excess weight, 88 percent
- Skin texture and/or discoloration, 72 percent
- Lines and wrinkles around and under the eyes, 69 percent
- Excess fat under the chin/neck, 67 percent
- Sagging facial skin, 67 percent
Highlights of the survey are summarized in the infographic below.